The author explain in details the process of having an idea and transform it to a full prototype going through different iteration.
The first design had several issue as the motor’s force was not enough to sustain the structure( Sg90 or similar) . The new design balance the weight on a wider area at different angle to increase the balance. Good job ! 🙂
A clever Builds Process
The full BOW list is the following:
- Arduino Uno (genuine or clone)
- Adafruit Powerboost 1000C
- 18650 Li-Ion Battery
- HC-SR04 Sensor x 2
- 9g Servo x 8 (Towerpro SG90 or similar)
- LDR x 1
We want to mention that the author included several clever ideas to simplify the build and create the peculiar robot’s silhouette :
- Embedded electrical cables during 3D printing, pausing the printer and add the cable, then resuming the 3d printer.
- Advanced supports for complex overhangs using Meshmixer
- Friction fitted parts, in order to reduce glued parts and nuts
- Integrated hex nuts for bolts in the body of the robot during printing.
Check also a similar robot SpotMicro an “opensource version” robot dog
- The full build process is here on Instructables
- The code can be downloaded here
- The CAD design files can be download here