OTTO Humanoid is a step forward into the OTTO DIY revolution, the robot now include arms to look similar to a “Human” and a Led Matrix to express emotions.
Otto Humanoid is also sturdier and easy to build than the previous version and includes various upgrade it’s code and design : The robot head is easier to open , and the legs and feet are easy to assemble, also it’s a bit bigger than the predecessor giving more space for electronic components and batteries.
A project from the founder Camilo Parra Palacio :
Otto is truly Opensource; it means the hardware is easily discerned so that others can make it, Arduino compatible, 3D printable and customizable, the perfect opportunity to build and have your very first robot, learn robotics and have fun.
Otto Humanoid robot walks, dances, makes sounds and avoids obstacles, like the basic but also has 2 arms, one LED matrix to express emotions and a gyroscope to measure orientation and movement for interactions.Thanks to all Otto builders like @s4snow @trishdavies that continue collaborating in this project from the start ( check their remix : OTTO Arms ) .
- Here there is a list of the materials you will need to build Otto.
- Arduino NANO Shield I/O
- USB-A to Mini-USB Cable
- HC-SR04 Ultrasound sensor
- 6x Micro servo MG90s
- 24x Female/Female Jumper Wires
- 4xAA battery holder (stacked 2×2 a total of 4AA Battery)
- 4x AA Batteries Alkaline (must be new or have 1.5V each)
- 8x8mm Micro Switch Self lock On/Off
- 10x Otto DIY HUMANOID 3D printed parts
- Small Phillipis screwdriver
- LED Matrix
- Gyroscope sensor
Join the Otto builder community!